Tuesday, November 29, 2016

SCRUB-A-DUB-DUB, I HAVE THE BEST SOAP IN THE TUB

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

I love to brag about the cool people I meet online and the great things they make. Today I want to introduce you to

Donna

Donna very kindly gave me
permission to use photos from her blog.

who lives and blogs at The Poor Farm.

Once a month, Donna features Saponification Saturday on her blog, when she has her soap for sale, and let me tell you, it is the God-blessingest-best soap ever (if you don't remember "saponification," think about that darn chemistry class you had to take).


These are not some namby-pamby, teeny-tiny bars of soap that cost a fortune and are gone in a week. No, these are serious bars of soap that will last you a good long while and are a steal at $5 a bar, plus shipping and handling.

In fact, I hope that people who receive Christmas gifts from me are not reading this post, but if you are reading, now you know that you will open your gift on Christmas morning to find soap made with all-natural ingredients.

Currently, Donna has these soaps available (she'll sell out fast, so hurry up and order while you can by emailing her at opies99@gmail.com): peppermint, lavender/Geranium Rose, eucalyptus, and coffee.

When I ordered some peppermint soap, the mail carrier left the box on my front steps. As soon as I opened the door, I could smell the peppermint. It is luscious.

This soap makes a great, unique gift.

I wish you Happy Soap Shopping at The Poor Farm.

And if you receive a Christmas box from me, please forget that you read this post and act surprised when you open your gift!


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

P.S. I didn't receive anything in return for writing this post. I wrote it because Donna makes way cool soap.

33 comments:

  1. I'm already broke till January--LOL! But these do look just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you have a friend who will send you some soap.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I love fancy soap. It doesn't make people go "oh you must think I'm stinky" when you gift someone soap, does it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giving soap definitely means that you think someone is stinky, so be sure to give soap to your boss. tee-hee

      And some cologne.

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful. I love these types of soaps. And I love giving - and receiving - them as gifts. I'll check out her blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very nice of you to share about Donna's soap. I will have to check out her page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to be very nice. Maybe it helps make up for the times I'm not very nice.

      Delete
  5. I love homemade soaps and new blogs to visit. Thanks Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing, Janie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thank you for your kind comments.

      Delete
  7. A great gift. Which keeps you clean. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find it interesting that the ancient Romans conquered the known world but never invented soap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Janie!!! You are a peach.(That's a good thing right? I'm never sure when referring to fruit)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can call me a banana and I'll think of nothing but good because it comes from the nice soap lady.

      Delete
  10. I think I can smell them from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, isn't it? Smells better than the little accident Stella had on the living room rug.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing. I'll check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rub a dub dub
    three men in a tub.
    All thinking the soap is swell.
    They all have a look,
    then one of them spoke,
    "No girl? Hey, what the hell?"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I looked up saponification and still not sure what it means:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the chemical reaction that creates soap. Long ago, I memorized the formula for a chemistry test. I forgot it immediately after I took the test.

      Delete
  14. I've recently discovered I really do like pretty smelling soaps. Took long enough... Slowly, very slowly, kicking these tom-boy tendencies. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Janie -- I saw your comment over at The Gods Are Bored. To follow a blog that doesn't have a "Follow" button, copy the general blog address from the top, go back to your own blog, hit the pencil icon beside "blogs I follow" on your Reading List page, then hit the Add button that comes up -- it will give you a blank box that says URL -- paste the address into that and then follow through on the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Janie! I enjoyed this post and learning about Donna and her homemade soaps. I have no idea what I'm doing for Christmas this year! My head is spinning from so much traveling. I'm home for a dew days, and it's wonderful internet again. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.